- Incorrect IFTA Mileages When Odometer Values Do Not Update
- Mileage is showing 0 or negative values (no odometer data)
- Time for IFTA reports but odometer readings are not reliable
- Why is the mileage listed in the IFTA report lower than the mileage indicated on the trips history report? Where did those miles go?
- Enter/Exit Values do not change
- Odometer measurements do not change
- Mileage on IFTA is 0 for portions
When engine based odometer doesn't update, the IFTA report cannot calculate mileages correctly.
- Download the "Advanced Fuel Tax Report" for the time frame needed
- Open the report and un-hide the 'Data' Tab
- In the Data tab, scroll to the last entry
- Select the last "FuelTaxEnterOdometer" cell (Column M) and change the value to a formula taking the same row corresponding "FuelTaxExitOdometer"(Column O) minus the same row corresponding "FuelTaxGpsDistance"(Column Q)
- Copy the formula to the entire "FuelTaxEnterOdometer" column by selecting the cell > Click and hold the bottom right corner of the cell > Dragging up to the top of the column with data.
- Select the second from the bottom "FuelTaxExitOdometer"(Column O) and change the value to a formula equal to the last"FuelTaxEnterOdometer" cell (Column M) value
- Copy the formula to the Preceding "FuelTaxExitOdometer" column cells,by selecting the cell > Click and hold the bottom right corner of the cell > Dragging up to the top of the column with data.
- Navigate to the report sheet > "Distance" column(Column H)
- Change the formula for the first "Distance" value to a formula equal to the corresponding "FuelTaxGpsDistance" from the Data Tab.
- Copy the formula to the entire "Distance" column.
- Save the newly edited report.
- The resolution in this article only acts as a one-time fix. For more information about how the Geotab Fuel Tax solution works see the Geotab IFTA/IRP Compliance Manual GUIDE V1.0.
- This procedure assumes the last known exit odometer of each vehicle is correct and up-to-date. If not, please update them accordingly in column O of the Data sheet of the IFTA report.
- See attachments for a GPS based IFTA report template.