- Why is there a negative odometer listed on the Vehicle Edit page?
- Bulk Edit Tool
The device was previously plugged into a different vehicle and has an existing odometer offset.
Remove the odometer offset using the bulk edit tool:
- Navigate to the Bulk Edit Tool
- Enter your credentials
- In the Server name field enter my.geotab.com
- In the Database field enter the name of your database
- Enter your email and password in the respective fields
- Click Device under the SELECT ASSET section
- Click OdometerOffset(KM) under the SELECT PROPERTIES TO EDIT section
- Type the device's serial number and set the offset to 0 (or an offset appropriate for the new vehicle) within the INPUT field by following the format below:
- Click Analyze
- If the OUTPUT box shows the serial number as OK, then click OK, otherwise correct any invalid input
- Click Submit to make the changes
To avoid this issue in the future, follow the steps in the following article when moving GO devices between vehicles: How To Move a GO Device Between Vehicles
Alternatively, use Automatic Vehicle Management to manage this process automatically. See: What is Automatic Vehicle Management?