- User cannot be added to the database
- Error: "User already exists"
- Error: "There is an existing user with this email. Please choose a different email."
User already exists in the database. This may not be apparent for the following reasons:
- User has been made historical
- User belongs to group not accessible by user attempting to add a new user
- User has Authentication type of MyAdmin (Global User), while user performing action has Basic Authentication
Try the following steps in order to determine the cause and resolution:
- See: User not visible in the database to find out if the user is historical. If they are historical and you would like to reactivate the user, see How To Reactivate a Historical User in MyGeotab
- If the above step was unsuccessful, see: Unable to see some vehicles or users in MyGeotab
- If the above step was unsuccessful, the user may have been created with the wrong authentication type, please contact Support for further assistance.