- Vehicle used to report fuel data
- Fuel level values have not changed over one or more trips
- Total fuel used (since telematics device install) diagnostic is no longer being reported at all
- Total fuel used (since telematics device install)
- fuel report
- Replace device and/or harness.
- Pinpoint the time frame when the vehicle stopped reporting data accurately by looking at the fuel measurements:
- Go to Engine & Maintenance > Engine and Device... > Measurements
- Select the vehicle and the diagnostic Total fuel used (since telematics device install) in the Options drop-down.
- Run the report over different time frames until you find the day when data stopped being reported or stopped changing.
- Check faults during that time frame to narrow down the cause:
- Go to Engine & Maintenance > Engine and Device... > Faults
- Select the vehicle and a date range.
- You may want to look at a window around the day found in step 1, such as a week or month before.
- If there are connection faults found indicating a problem with the device or harness, follow the standard troubleshooting steps. Some of these are listed below in the Additional Notes section.
- If there are more serious faults indicating the device must be replaced, contact support.
- If the only fault on the day in question is a firmware update, contact support and share this information with them.
When a vehicle stops reporting fuel data, it is most often because of a bad install or harness or device malfunction. Standard troubleshooting including power cycling the device, securing the device with a zip tie, and replacing the harness may be the solution. You might want to double check if there was a plan change placed on the device.
Video explaining some troubleshooting steps:
Specific faults to look out for:
Accelerometer calibration in progress (more driving required)
Telematics device fault: GPS quality poor (bad device install or vehicle undercover)
Telematics device fault: problem communicating with engine - potential bad install - harness issue or device failure - intermittent connection detected on the engine communication bus and it is now in listen only mode