- What are the different options of Hours of Service (HOS) Setting for a vehicle?
- Why is the vehicle not generating logs?
- Geotab Drive
- Hour of Service (HOS)
HOS set to "On":
- The vehicle will generate HOS logs whether or not a driver is assigned to it
- If no driver is assigned to the vehicle, automatic HOS logs will be created under an unidentified driver when the vehicle moves
HOS set to "Automatic":
- This is the default setting
- Vehicle will not get any HOS logs until a driver assigns themselves to the vehicle
- Once a driver assigns themselves, the HOS setting will automatically switch from "Automatic" to "On" and the vehicle will create automatic HOS logs whether a driver is assigned to it or not
HOS set to "Off":
- No Automatic logs will be created. If a driver selects this vehicle then he will have the option to make Manual logs.
- While HOS settings are set to "Automatic", the vehicle does not generate Unidentified Driver logs
- It's set up this way so vehicles are always available for HOS, without creating logs in cases where they are not wanted
- As per the ELD mandate, if a vehicle is used for ELD, all logs have to be recorded - either under a specific driver or under the Unidentified driver.