Databases are subject to deprecation if the following conditions are met:
- No recent device data or user activity recorded in the database for 180 days
- No device data at all recorded, and no user activity for 60 days
Note: This only applies to databases in which no live data is being uploaded.
To avoid an older database being deprecated users only need to log into the database once a month and perform an action. This action could be:
- Logging into the database (Basic Authentication User)
- Viewing the map
- Editing the System Settings
- Editing a Vehicle
- Adding or removing a vehicle
For more information on our policies regarding deprecating and purging data, please refer to our MyGeotab Service Level (Web) Policy [PUBLIC] documentation.