- GO device
- Engine Faults
- "Telematics device fault: serious problem communicating with engine - safety issue - remove device immediately - CAN BUS short detected"
- Replace the device with a known working device.
- The fault will now disappear if the short was coming from first device.
- Get the device replaced (if under warranty)
- Remove the harness (if any) and connect device directly into the OBD-II port
- The fault will disappear now if the short was coming from the harness.
- Get the Harness replaced
- If after removing the harness and using a working device, the fault still shows up, it means that the short is somewhere on the vehicle and we'd recommend that the vehicle gets checked and fixed.
There can be 3 possible places where the CAN BUS is shorted.
- The vehicle
- The harness
- The device