- Can I set a rule to send a defect DVIR in an email?
- Is there a report that will send when a a DVIR Log that a driver flags that need repairs?
- Can I have trailer inspections defects sent to me via email?
There are two ways to be notified about DVIR related activities: using Rules or Reports.
Create a custom rule using the DVIR defect condition:
- Navigate to Rules & Groups > Rules
- Click Add > Conditions
- Click More > DVIR Defect
- Finish the rule settings by visiting the Name and Notifications tabs
- Click Save
Please ensure feature preview is enabled to see the rule condition.
After downloading the DVIR Defects Alert Report from the Marketplace and uploading the report into MyGeotab as an Emailed report, you'll need to apply additional settings:
- Specify the groups for the dashboard viewers or the recipient list
- Set the Report Date Range to your desired time range (Previous hour is recommended)
- Similarly, specify a refresh period which will result in new data each cycle start (Every 30 minutes is recommended).
- Select the group you would like included in the report. By default, it is set to Everything as the user will only receive what they have access to.
- Upon completion, click Save at the top
The DVIR Defect rule will only look for defects with the vehicle not the trailer.
Please review this video for additional assistance setting up Marketplace Reports: