- Where do I plug in the GO device?
- Go Device
Plug and play installation directly in the OBD II port.
- Locate the diagnostic port usually found under the dashboard on the driver’s side. Insert the zip tie around the port to later secure the device.
- Connect the GO device to the port. Push to ensure the connection is tight. You will hear six beeps and all three lights on the device will flash briefly.
- Secure the device in place with a zip tie.
- With the vehicle parked outdoors to locate satellites and vent exhaust fumes, turn on the ignition. The device will beep as each one of the LEDs lights up. Green indicates cell connection, red indicates ignition detection, and blue indicates GPS latch. Wait for all three LEDs to come on. The installation is complete.
To ensure the device is communicating, go to install.geotab.com and enter the device serial number.
If using a zip tie is not possible because of the location of the diagnostic port, an extension harness can be used to relocate the device.
Please review this video for additional assistance on how to install the GO Device: How to Install Geotab's GO Plug-&-Play Vehicle Tracking Device