Thank you for your question. Below are the answers to your questions.
- In MyGeotab (our UI) the user has the ability to set up routes with multiple stop that can be sent to a Garmin. The Garmin will then automatically plan out the best route. Each routes have a maximum of 25 stops, but multiple routes can also be sent. However, there are no limitations on the number of individual stops that can be sent to a Garmin unit.
- The specific responses you want to set for the drivers can be configured in MyGeotab. When sending a message for a new job, default canned responses can be used, or custom responses can also be set up.
- When a driver has completed his work at a stop, he has the option to clear the stop and mark as complete.
- Our system will work well with most Garmin devices that are compatible with FMI 25 and FMI 45.
- Like any other live device, our system relies on having a good connection to a cellular network in order to work correctly. Any interruptions in communication may cause performance delays. Other than that the system is reliable and will work with the specific business application you mentioned. We have various customers who use our Garmin Messaging and HOS system for this specific reason.
I should mention that when you are ready to proceed with our system, the company you buy the devices from should be able to help you out with all your questions in regards to these features. They will have more information about how our system can work for your specific needs.