Driverfeed back notifications are device side rules, meaning that the rules are saved on the device. Once a rule is broken, the driver is notified immediately of the violation. In addition to device based rules, you could have exception rules. Unlike driverfeed back rules, exception rules are server based. That is, when a driver breaks a rule, the information is sent up to the server, verified, and the information is sent back to the device alerting the driver of the violation. The process usually takes about 3-15 seconds on a ProPlus plan. You can set up the rule that a driver receives audible notification, beeping, when the rule is broken. In addition, if you have the GoTalk IOX you can send customized recorded messages such as “Caution you are breaking too hard” for example.
Utilizing server based exception rules allows you to create customized rules for harsh cornering, hard breaking and harsh acceleration. Each of these rules uses gravity as the measure for determining if a rule has been broken. Depending on the type of vehicle the device is installed in, the G value can be changed making it more/less sensitive to movement.
To create exceptions, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Log into your database.
2. Click on Rules and Groups.
3. Select Rules.
4. Note that you can create a new rule by clicking on Add, or you could modify the parameters of a default rule. To modify the parameters of a of a default rule, click on the pencil icon next to the rule name. See Picture 1.
5. Name the rule as desired.
6. Select the Conditions tab.
7. Select Show the advanced conditions editor. See Picture 2.
8. Edit the rule as desired.
9. Click the Notifications tab.
10. Click on Add driver feedback.
11. Select the desired audible alert to be sent to the driver. See Picture 3.
12. Click on save.
Unfortunately you are not able to warn the driver that they are about to break a rule. The driver is only notified once the rule has been broken and verified by the server.
I hope I have addressed your questions. Should you require assistance setting up the exception rules, feel free to reach out to your reseller.