personal use


Can the driver change the HOS to personal use after they have already drove?


Official comment


No, to have a proper PC record in the ELD, you must choose it before driving.
If you forget to, and a Drive log is the result, you will need to annotate the drive log to indicate that it should have been PC.

This is the official remedy in this situation as per the FMCSA.

Kyle Dodsworth

Please sign in to leave a comment.

1 comment