There is a relatively easy way to accomplish this with zones and rules.
- Create Zone:
- Click on the map
- Click the "Add Zone" button
- Click on the map to create the zone's perimeter
- Close the zone by clicking back on the first point added.
- Fill out the fields on the Zone Edit screen
- Click Save
- Create rule "Device inside Zone":
- Click "Rules & Groups"
- Click "Rules"
- Click "Add" button, fill out "Name"
- Click "Conditions" tab, then click "Add zone or zone type" button
- Select "Zone Type" for the Type of the Zone
- Select the Zone Type of your zones
- Select "Entering" for the event
- Select "Save"
- Perform data Reprocess:
1.Click Rules & Groups
3.Press Reprocess Data
4.Input Start date and Vehicles
(This will perform overnight if there is a large amount of data)
- Check results by running an exceptions report from within MyGeotab
1. Click on Rules & Groups.
2. Click on Exceptions.
3. In pop-up menu choose Date Period, Vehicles, and Rule you created for zone
4. Click Apply Changes.
5. Report will then generate.
With this method you will be able to create a zone around any areas you want to monitor and you can find out if any vehicle visited those areas.