Depending on the drivers ruleset, specific Duty or Workday limits will apply. Duty is a consecutive limit and Workday is non-consecutive limit and will continue to increment for off-duty logs below the consecutive OFF-duty time.
The Duty Limit:
- is the total time that a driver can spend on the ON status during their workday.
- will count down only when the driver is logging on-duty statuses.
- will reset when the required OFF-Duty time has been met.
The Workday Limit:
- is the time limit that a driver has before he must end his day.
- begins counting down from the first D or ON status log.
- will count down afterwards regardless of the status.
- will continue to count down until the required OFF-Duty time has been met.